Procedure for Requesting Workshop Attendance
If you have found a workshop, learning activity, visiting opportunity, etc. that fits in with your goals, please follow the steps below and check on the progress of your request if it is not processed in a timely fashion.
- Discuss the possibility of attended the learning event with your building principal. You will need to provide information about the topic of the event and why the information is valuable to your teaching. You will also need to provide information about expenses such as registration fees, hotel costs, and meal costs.
- Once the event has been approved:
- Complete a district purchase order for fees that the district will need to pay.
- Submit a transportation request to the transportation director to reserve a district vehicle if one is needed.
- Have the principal sign and send all necessary paperwork to the finance department.
- Request a substitute if needed.
If hotel reservations are needed, get separate permission from the principal and follow these directions:
- When speaking with the hotel customer representative, ask for a direct bill to Eudora Schools #491 and inform them that the purchase order will be faxed or emailed to the hotel. Record the name of the person with whom you spoke.
- Fill out a purchase order that includes the following information: hotel name, address, confirmation number, the name of the customer representative, and the fax number of the hotel.
- Submit the PO to the principal for a signature.
- If the hotel will not accept direct billing, complete a purchase order with the following information: hotel name, address, the name of the customer representative, and the fax number of the hotel. Submit the PO to the principal for a signature and send the PO to the finance department. Contact the finance director about your next steps.