Enrollment is open for 2019-2020!
Eudora families can now complete enrollment and back-to-school procedures for the 2019-2020 school year with all the convenience and flexibility that online enrollment offers. Our system allows parents and guardians to securely update information, fill out paperwork and pay fees, day or night, from any location. Online enrollment saves our families valuable time -- and saves our district valuable resources.
If your student in preschool through 12th grade attended Eudora Schools last year, or you participated in pre-enrollment during Kindergarten Roundup in April:
Visit https://ps.eudoraschools.org/ to begin.
Log onto the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
If you do not know your Username or Password, click on Forgot Username or Password? A help email will be sent to you at the email address used to create your account. (If you aren't able to retrieve your login credentials in this manner, please e-mail the Cardinal Enrollment Team at email@example.com for assistance.)
Select the tab on the top of the screen for the student you wish to enroll.
Select the Registration Icon on the left side menu.
Put in the date of birth for the student you are enrolling.
Click Continue to begin.
This year, there are no required forms for all students to print and return! If your child requires a prescription medication to be given at school, or has medically-necessary food substitution needs, click here for those forms, which require a doctor's signature.
- At the end of the online enrollment process, you will have the ability to make payments toward student fees by credit or debit card. Click here to learn more about online payments.
If your student will be in kindergarten through 12th grade and did NOT attend Eudora Schools last year (and you did not participate in Kindergarten Roundup in April), here is what you will do to enroll your student for 2019-2020:
- Beginning Thursday, August 1 please make an appointment with your student's school front office for enrollment.
- If you would like information about visiting your child's school for a tour or other orientation activities, contact the school offices beginning Thursday, Aug. 1 -- Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please collect the following documentation to bring with you when you enroll.
- New Student Health Assessment and immunization record. Proof of up-to-date immunization must be on record at the school before a student is allowed to attend. Students new to a Kansas school also must complete a physical health assessment with a medical doctor.
- Certified copy of student birth certificate. At the time of enrollment, the parent/guardian must provide a certified birth certificate copy for each student. Alternately, this form -- Proof of Identity -- may be presented at the time of enrollment, allowing 30 days for the parent/guardian to present the certified copy of the student's birth certificate.
- Grade card or check out sheet. A grade card from the previous school is helpful at enrollment time to determine appropriate classes for each student. If enrolling in the middle of the year, a check-out sheet from the previous school must be presented to document both proper check-out and status of grades at the time of check-out.
- Divorce Decree. If the student's parents are divorced, present a copy of the section that states who has custody and who has residential custody. Without this documentation, the district must assume that both parents have equal parental rights.
- Guardianship documentation. If the student is not living with the parent who has legal custody, guardianship papers must be submitted and notarized before any further enrollment takes place. This will need to be resubmitted each year.
- Residence verification. In order to verify district residence, parents or guardians must provide a document showing Eudora residency. If you are moving into Eudora and your home and/or living quarters will not be ready until after your student needs to start school, you must apply for "Out of District" status. This requires an application and $100 per student application fee before being considered for administrative approval. Please be prepared to complete this process at your child's school.
- Family financial documents, if you wish to apply for the federal Child Nutrition Program. This program offers free or reduced meals to qualifying families with financial need. Qualifying families also may qualify for reductions on certain school district fees.
If your student will be three or four years old in the coming year, and you have not already completed a preschool screening at Eudora Elementary, you cannot enroll at this time. Please visit the Preschool FAQ for more information.
Help & Support
If you need technical assistance with online enrollment
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org any time during the enrollment window.
- There will NOT be a walk-in event for technical assistance this year. Please send an e-mail to the enrollment team at email@example.com, or call 785-542-4902 and leave a message.
If you started to enroll but were told you needed to wait on approval as an out-of-district family, be sure you have paid the $100 application fee for each student. If your application fee has been paid, you will be approved and cleared to complete the online enrollment process. (This typically happens very quickly, during regular business hours.) If you haven't paid your OOD application fee, it is accepted in each school office, and should be completed as soon as possible to allow you time to complete enrollment by the July 31 deadline.
Fees and payments
- Click Here to view the student fee schedule in effect for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Click here to make your meal account deposits and student fee balance payments online, using eFunds for Schools.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted.
- The convenience fee for online payment of meal and student fee balances using eFunds for Schools will be $3 per transaction.
- eFunds for Schools allows families with multiple children to pay all student fees and food service deposits in one transaction.
- Families are also welcome to pay fees or make lunch deposits by check. Mail a check to your child's school, or contact the school office to make arrangements.
Back-to-school / enrollment questions
- Technical support enrolling online: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation: Machaela Beshears, director
email@example.com / 785-542-4900, ext. 1115
- Food service & free/reduced lunch program: Sharla Flakus, director
firstname.lastname@example.org / 785-542-4987
- Student fees: Marj Spence, finance clerk
email@example.com / 785-542-4910, ext. 1107
- Student health & nurse: Jill Freisberg, district nurse
firstname.lastname@example.org / 785-542-4980, ext. 1209
- After-school programs: Yemen Shaaban, director
email@example.com / 785-542-4960, ext. 1278
- McKinney-Vento Act Coordinator: Christi Cabanas, social worker
firstname.lastname@example.org / 785-542-4940, ext. 1617
Contact your child's school for information about student orientation programs, school supply lists, class schedules, locker assignments, special needs or out-of-district application status:
- Eudora Elementary School: 785-542-4940
- Eudora Middle School: 785-542-4960
- Eudora High School: 785-542-4980
- Preschool at West: 785-542-4920