2020-2021 Early Childhood-Extended Day Program is Now Accepting Applications!
If you are interested in your child attending the Eudora Early Childhood Extended Day Program, please click here to complete our application.
Families will be notified if their student has been approved for our Extended Day Program within two weeks of completing this application.
The Extended Day Program, which has a $210 monthly fee, is for students who qualify for our Early Childhood Progam.
Should you have any questions regarding our Extended Day Program or our Early Childhood Program, please contact Eudora Elementary Principal, Susan Tinich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Preschool!
The district's preschool and extended day programs are located at West Resource Center. Here are ways you can find us!
- Address: 1310 Winchester Road, Eudora
- Phone: 785-542-4920
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eudoraearlychildhood
The preschool offered through the Eudora Early Childhood Program is designed to meet the needs of a variety of children, including special education and at risk. The program also has typically developing peers who serve as models demonstrating age-appropriate skills and behaviors.
- Morning: 7:30 a.m.-10:40 a.m. (includes breakfast beginning at 7:30am). The morning session will be held Monday through Friday.
- Afternoon: 11:30-2:40 p.m. (includes lunch beginning at 11:30am). The afternoon session will be held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
This is an opportunity to see where your child’s skills are in comparison to other children his/her age. Participating in the screening is not an indication that there are serious concerns; rather it is that more information may be needed. At the screening, children are asked to perform tasks that measure development of:
- Cognition (matching, counting, and problem solving)
- Speech and language (how they understand and use language)
- Motor skills (writing, balance, and coordination)
In addition, the school nurse will perform a vision and hearing screening.
Screenings are also used to identify children whose circumstances may qualify them for at-risk services through the Eudora Early Childhood Program preschool. These circumstances, as determined by the state of Kansas, include:
- Qualify for free lunch program
- Single parent household
- SRS referral for preschool participation
- One or both parents were under age 20 when the child was born
- One or both parents lack a high school diploma or GED
- Limited English language skills
- Child qualifies for migrant status
- Delayed developmentally or academically, including cognitive, social, physical, communication, emotional, behavioral and self-help skills
During the screening, each child's parent will meet with a member of the early childhood screening team; this is an opportunity for parents to share details about how the child is developing at home and in social settings.
When the student screening and parent session are complete, the parent will have a short meeting to learn the results of the screenings, and the recommendations of the screening team. If the child qualifies for the preschool, or for further screening, the parent will begin the enrollment process for preschool attendance. If the child does not qualify, the parent will be sent information about being added to the waiting list for peer model openings, as they become available or we will recommend a community preschool placement.
Click here to complete the application: Preschool Extended Day Application
For more information about the Eudora Early Childhood Program preschool, or if you believe your child would benefit from a screening, call the Eudora Early Childhood office at 785-542-4920.
6:00 PM Site Council Meeting
January 29, 2021
February 3, 2021
Early Childhood Programs
Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers is a national program for children age birth to three, that equips parents with the tools they need to tap into their child's natural ability to learn. Click here for more information, including how to get involved.
Free developmental screenings for infants and toddlers (birth to three). Click here to find out how to reserve your screening appointment.