June 23, 2022 - Special MeetingPosted by Jaylie Postlewait on 6/24/2022 8:00:00 AM
June 23, 2022 - Special Meeting
The following are highlights of the discussion and action from the special board meeting on June 23, 2022. For a more detailed account of the meeting, please click here to access BoardDocs.
2021-2022 Budget Republication Hearing
The Board reviewed the USD 491 2021-2022 Budget Form. After discussion, the board adopted the 2021-2022 budget republication for Eudora U.S.D. 491, as presented.
June 9, 2022 - Board BriefsPosted by Jaylie Postlewait on 6/10/2022 12:50:00 PM
The following are highlights of the discussion and action from the regular board meeting on June 9, 2022. For a more detailed account of the meeting, please click here to access BoardDocs.
School Handbooks were pulled from the consent agenda for discussion. The amended consent agenda was approved.
After discussion, all school handbooks were approved.
Spring Activities State Qualifiers
Susan DeVoe spoke about Boys Golf participant Ty Deterding in the State Golf Tournament, where he placed 17th.
Coach Bill Finucane presented the State Softball trophy and Regional plaque.
Coach Joe Pickett presented the State Track trophy and Regional plaque.
Data Reports and Equity Leadership
Heather Adams, District MTSS Coordinator and Learning Coach, shared information regarding the instructional data from this school year. Annual MTSS Report.
Mark Dodge, Director of School Improvement and Communications, provided an update on the district's equity and leadership council. Beginning in the 2022-23 school year, the equity and leadership council work will take place at the middle and high schools under building administration leadership. 7 Habits Wheel for E&L Council.
- State Assessment Data Report: Mr. Moeckel shared results from district scores and how they compare to the goals that were set. 2022 KAP District Results
- Summer Projects Update: Mr. Moeckel shared building needs that will be addressed during the summer. EHS FB field turf project is predicted to be completed in mid-July.
- Induction: Mr. Moeckel and other building administration will share the culture in USD #491 with new staff and get them set up with their technology.
- KASB Policy Updates: June 2022 Updated KASB Policies and Forms
- USD #491 Building Needs Assessment and BOE State Assessment review: Building Needs Assessment & State Assessments Review. State Assessment and Budget Review Using the Building Needs Assessment. All goals are focused on student achievement.
- USD #491 Safety and Security Update: In July and August, there will be a meeting to update the current plan for safety and security. Eudora Police Department, KSDE, and KBI will come to this meeting. Mr. Moeckel feels very comfortable with the current plan and the safety of the students.
Special Education Interlocal Board Meeting Report
Mrs. Plate spoke about the board retreat, which helped build relationships with the new members to understand the roles and the responsibilities. They also reviewed the strategic plan.
Girl’s Wrestling Team Proposal
Mr. Moeckel spoke about the options and different approaches to the Girl’s Wrestling Team. He shared three options: hire a Girl’s head coach, hire an assistant to oversee both Boy’s and Girl’s programs, or the group will self-fund. The board visited about these options and will continue to consider what next steps to take at the July meeting.
Main Street Property Interest
Mr. Moeckel shared that there is a plan for new residential housing. Unfortunately, this individual was not present, so this was agreed to be revisited in July.
2021-2022 Republish of Budget Document
The Board approved the republication of budget documents and establish a budget hearing on June 23, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., as presented.
2022-2023 Fee Schedule
After discussion, the motion was approved the schedule as presented.
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019