EMS P/T Conference Communication
Dear EMS Families,
I wanted to provide you with some information for in-person parent-teacher conferences that will occur in two weeks on November 12th from 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm and November 13th from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. These conferences will be for in-person students only and only students that were in-person for the 1st quarter. We held our remote conferences two weeks ago. In order to keep everyone safe, we have created some instructions and procedures that everyone will be required to follow. If the slots fill up or if you are unable to make the times that are available, please let us know.
- There will only be 6 slots available for each grade level every 45 minutes.
- Those links are added at the bottom of this email.
- We are only going to allow one slot per student and for that one slot, only 2 parents and the EMS student are allowed to come.
- For blended families that are unable to work out the one slot, we ask that you contact us to set up another day and time during our teachers’ team plans. We cannot do more than one slot for these conferences.
- No other siblings are able to attend.
- We encourage our EMS students to attend the conference.
- You will be able to meet with your child’s grade level teachers for 5 minutes and then everyone will rotate to the next teacher. There will be a timer used to keep everyone on a schedule.
- This will occur by moving in a clockwise direction until you have seen all grade level teachers.
- Three elective teachers will be available to be seen for 2 minutes each in the library
- The only elective teachers that will be available are Art, Computers, and Spanish.
- All parents and students will be screened and have temperatures checked at the main entrance.
- Masks are required by everyone that enters the building and throughout time you are in the building. If you are unable to wear a mask, we ask that you contact me so we can set up a zoom meeting with your teachers on a different date.
- With 5 minutes per teacher plus 2 minutes for electives, we will need everyone to leave once they are done to allow us to prepare for the next group. You will not be allowed extended time with the teacher.
- Parents should be done with their conference in about 30-35 minutes which will give time for us to get one group out and the next one coming in.
- Parents inside will exit out through the east hallway and out the east door.
- The next group of parents will be screened at the main entrance.
- Parents coming up to the door waiting, we ask that you utilize our blue dots to help social distance from other families. Please do not come up to the door until a few minutes before your scheduled time slot.
- Please click on the signup genius link below and reserve your slot for your child. Only one slot per child. If all slots are filled, please contact us and we will set up another time that you can meet with your teachers.
We understand that conferences will look different this year and that we are only able to fill 90 slots per grade level. We want to keep everyone safe and do this the right way so we can have meaningful conversations while also keeping our numbers low in the building. Our teachers have team plans and would be able to set up a few conferences on separate dates if the slots fill up or you are unable to attend on these dates. We are committed to growing our relationships even stronger with all of our EMS families. Together we have been and together we must stay for us all to get through these difficult times.
Jeremy Thomas, EMS Principal